Saturday, July 19, 2008

Why magazines will die


Ok, I admit I love to pick up a magazine and flop through it. I love the feel of glossy paper in my hand, the smell, the little subscription cards that fall out.... Sigh. Even if it means trees where killed, I love that experience.

But there's a problem other than trees dying.

I can never find anything.

That great article on the cover? Impossible to find inside. Even when - gasp - I actually USED the table of contents!

So, I got on my phone, went to Outside Magazine's website, and there was the article. Plain as day. And now I know "Where to Live Now". And now I know that they named the article something cutesy inside so it didn't stand out at first (or second) perusal.

But the good old romanticism of flipping through a magazine on a lazy Saturday- all gone in my frustration at trying find the $&@! article.

So, while I love mags.... I dunno...

How long will they really last?

No comments: