Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Self-discovery via career


In the many dating books I read back in the day (not to mention sermons heard), and even when talking with friends, I hear stories of how dating helps you "find" yourself. That it can be an important way of learning who you are. Getting to know others, and preparing yourself to meet the "right" person, are actually part of the path of self discovery, self awareness, and self creation.

Funny, now-a-days it seems that maybe career development is doing the same thing. Who do I want to be? Who do I want to do it with? What do I want my life to be like? How do I want to run my business? Not much different really than the questions you answer when filling out an EHarmony questionnaire.

Funny, just never thought as career development as job-dating...

No comments: